What Changes Happen During Pregnancy?
- The pelvis tilts forward, which will put strain on the lower back. Depending on where the baby sits, this may cause sciatica, lower back pain and hip pain
- The breasts will increase in size thus pulling the shoulders forward and putting stress on the neck, mid-back and the ribcage which can cause pain, numbness and tingling in arms and hands.
- The center of gravity shifts forward and down which changes your posture that can result in inter-uterine constraints.
- The pelvis opens up due to the hormone relaxin, which can cause gait changes.
- The uterus will increase to more than 300 times its normal size, which can cause compression and flaring of the ribcage, diaphragm, pelvis and abdominals that can result in difficulty breathing, heartburn and pain.
- The hormone relaxin will also aggravate any previous joint injuries which can cause more pain and posture distortion.
- If a second pregnancy occurs within 5 years, the body will respond much faster, and any issues that happened in the first pregnancy, may occur earlier in the next pregnancy.
What Are The Benefits Of Chiropractic Therapy?
- Safer delivery for baby & mom
- Pelvic alignment & balance
- Shorter labor
- Reduced need for pain medications
- Less back & hip pain
- Aid in proper baby position
- More comfort during breastfeeding
- Greater production of breast milk
- Less incidence of postpartum disorders
- Less upper back, lower back & neck pain
- Aid with rehabbing from pregnancy
If you’re looking for prenatal chiropractic treatments in Greensboro, schedule an appointment with Dr. Alex today. Her gentle touch and years of experience are sure to yield great results.