How can I tell if my child has spinal imbalances?
Just as it is important that you have your children’s teeth checked by a dentist, it is also important to have their spine checked regularly for proper development.
Use the following list to check for spinal imbalances:
- Does your child’s spine curve from side to side when they bend over?
- Is the child’s shoulder blade higher on one side?
- Is your child’s ear higher on one side
- Is your child a toe walker?
- Do the feet of your child turn in or out?
- Does your child choke regularly?
- Have you notice your child swing their leg out during cross-crawl?
How about my infant?
- Does the infant prefer to tilt their head to one side?
- Does your baby prefer breastfeeding on one side?
- Does your baby arch her back when crying?
- Is your baby slow to develop adequate neck strength to hold his head up?
- Have you noticed that your baby doesn’t feel comfortable lying on their back?